Sunday, September 8, 2013

Challenge #20 Tutorial: little tangles + chalkboard = ♥♥♥


Hello out there!

It's Amy, reminding you about little tangles, challenge 20:



I love this chalkboard trend!

It's everywhere:

source

source

source

It has definitely hit the paper crafting industry by storm and has managed to stay strong.  

There are tons of tuts available on the chalkboard technique which include heat embossing and then going back and re-stamping your images to create a shadow effect.

I was going to show you that technique, which I would call the original version, but when I dug around for my white embossing powder, I couldn't find it.  I'm in the midst of packing up all my crafting supplies from one space to another and let's just say, it's scary.

So, for those of you that follow my blog, you know that I typically fall back on the quick & easy version!  

All you need: your favorite neat & tangled stamps and a good white ink pad:


I stamped the A Lot To Say with the white ink and fussy cut it out.  Then I used Party Dots, the strip border dots along with the solid dots and randomly stamped.  I stamped the banner and sentiment, and fussy cut it out.  

Tip:  use a dry baby wipe to smear white ink on your pieces.


I like the contrast of the solid black panel against the chalkboard pieces to really make them POP.   Lately, the messier the better for me!

Earlier this year, I was a guestie on the Neat & Tangled blog.  Here's a card that I created using the same technique:


It's quite a bit 'neater' than what I've been currently doing.  I even took the time to do the white lines with a colored pencil!

This one posted last week for the current challenge:


So there you go...I can't wait to see how you're inspired by 


25 comments:

  1. Really great chalkboard post, Amy!!! I love how you used the party dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are adorable, Amy!
    Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the tips :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Amy! I was curious about how the white Fresh ink would perform and it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Amy! Thank you for sharing your technique. ~ Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the quick and simple version. Great cards and good luck with the moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow awesome cards.. love the chalkboard look..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Love the talking bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always ROCK the chalk effect!!! I am LOVING the circles on that first one!!! FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards, Amy! You make this 'sound' easy, with results that are fabulous! All three cards are sooooo eye-catching! I'm inspired...definitely inspired!
    Good luck with the moving!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards!!! And you're definitely a master of the chalkboard technique whih I just love!!! All other cards are amazing and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the chalkboard look, and really love Amy's versions! So, so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your version of chalkboard, much easier and perfect results! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous! Great job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All fantastic Amy, you rocked the chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh love the pop of color with the chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards Amy! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh I love these, particularly the pop of pink on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such fun cards! love the chalkboard look. fab work, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute cards! Thanks for sharing the 'easy' how-to, Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous and pretty cards Sista....I must play along!!!! So fun! hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun card, Amy, I love the chalkboards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks nice and chalkdusty to me - even minus the embossing:-)

    ReplyDelete