Friday, August 9, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Happy + Sunny + Cheerful Celebration

Hello again! How is this Day 9 already? Are you still enjoying the inspiration posts? You know the drill: a bit of Q&A, a guest post, and a few reminders.

Birthday Bash Q&A
Remember this question?

Happy Birthday, or rather Birthmonth! What a wonderful idea to celebrate all month long, and to share inspiration with us! My answer to your question: suggestions for 'must have' sets for those of us new to card-making, and who are looking for as much versatility as possible! Thanks for asking - and especially, for investing time, energy and creativity for this 'party'!
c

June Houck is giving her take today:



"I am partial to sentiments as well, and I agree with Amy on "Kindness Matters." That being said, "Fresh Blooms" has been my most-loved set so far!!! I have used it a lot. Fresh Blooms has both sentiments and images. The swirls can be used as the flight of the bee's path, as streamers on a birthday card, or as a fun background. One of the flower images is perfect for the lady bug to sit upon (I used it as a boat sailing on the scallop waves from the "Little Tangles" set.) And the other flower is REALLY versatile! It works well as poinsettia for Christmas, but also paper pieced in various papers and layered for additional dimension! I have used it with both Carta Bella Halloween paper and a Halloween glossy brad in the center AND as a summer flower with Simple Stories summer fresh papers. The choices are endless!"

Isn't June just fabulous? Fresh Blooms was also one of the first sets that Danielle ever designed. So it's great to see what this is a must-have set. 

Are you ready to see our next guest post today? She's a new addition to the Neat & Tangled team, and if you missed the introductory post - check it out. Heather has been an awesome contender here on Little Tangles, so I am not surprised she made it to the Neat & Tangled team. Check out what she has whipped out...


Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards to join in the Little Tangles Birthday celebration! First off, I have a fun card I made for the occasion: 


For this card, I used On the Strip to heat emboss my border at an angle on yellow cardstock, then added a fun sentiment embossed in gold on a popped up diagonal strip from Party Dots.


Finished off with some Flat Matte Gold Sequins and a wrap of jute twine.


Now, since my card was so yellow, and would work for both a birthday card - or even an invitation - I thought I would browse my Pinterest boards and come up with some fun yellow party ideas! 

This first one just makes me sigh in delight! Yellow makes me automatically think of lemonade - and could lemonade be any  more delightful than served in these fun glass bottles with paper straws?


Next - how simple and fun would these cupcakes be? And when I am hosting a party - easy is always a good thing! But they are so cute a the same time!


Okay - these have got to be the cutest place cards I have EVER seen!!!


And super simple wrapping - that coordinates PERFECTLY with the theme!!!



Of course - you need a party dress, right? How fun is this cute vintage dress?!?!?!


And shoes...these make me swoon in delight!!! LOVE!!!


I hope these inspired you too - even if only to drool like I did!!! 
Thanks! 

Wow, that is a truly stunning card. I love it, Heather. It's so cheerful and bright and happy. Just made my day! And the good news is that she'll be sticking around and be associated with Neat & Tangled for a while, so come back and see more of her inspirations! :)

Day 8: Guess Who's Guest Designing Winners
Yesterday I decided to spontaneously ask you to guess who is on the blog tomorrow. Nothing evades your smart readers, you're so on top of things. If you guessed Heather then you were right. Lyndal and  LuvScrappingTogether send me email to neatandtangledstamps(at)gmail.com with the subject line "Little Tangles Day 8 Prize" 

Challenge Reminders
The Un-birthday Birthday Challenge - ends Aug 20; Guest Designer Spot
Potluck Party Challenge - ends Aug 18; $5 gift certificate
Party Music Challenge - ends Aug 11; free pack of sequins
Challenge #18 - ends Aug 11; free stamp set & Top Tangle glory


I hope it's sunny where ever you are. See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Yellow, I love the color yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - I guessed correctly - and what a FABULOUS Guest spot from Heather too - LOVE all that yellow inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Heather, your card is fabulous!! I love all the yellow inspiration, especially those shoes!! They are to die for!!

    Yay! I made a correct guess!! I am having fun with the month long celebration!! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful celebration day! Thank you, June, for your stamp set recommendation and especially suggestions to showcase its versatility. Heather: your card is fabulous! Love all that yellow inspiration, especially the dress! Want!! Ren-yi and DT: your Happy Birthmonth ideas, inspiration, challenges are outstanding! Loving this immensely!! Have an excellent Friday!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the yellow here today! Heather's card takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow and that fantastic card! I enjoyed all the photos of fun things that are yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather is awesome...congrats to Lyndal and Sweet Saundra for winning day 8 prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the card, and the trip around all things yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was planning my friend’s surprise birthday party at one of Seattle venues and was looking for arranging ideas. So my sister helped a lot in organizing the day. We both arranged everything fabulously and birthday girl liked our surprise a lot.

    ReplyDelete